Replacement Resistors for Stereomour

Bartman · 1442

Offline Bartman

on: December 24, 2014, 05:18:34 AM
Hi

My first post and glad to be here. 

I am well on my way to finishing the Stereomour kit (my first build) and I have lost two 249K ohm resistors.

I see mouser.com has Vishay/Dale 249K metal film resistors with either 1% or 0.1% tolerance.  Does it matter which one I use?

thanks and Happy Holidays!

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 05:26:56 AM
In these cases you can get the fastest response from replacementparts at bottlehead dot com.  Put it all together with no spaces and use the at sign.  As it is a holiday I don't know when they will be back in the office.  But they send first class mail.  So if you are in the US you can get the parts in just a few days.

You might spend $30 to get overnight from Mouser.  Don't get me wrong, I use Mouser all the time but Bottlehead is very good to deal with and want to get the parts to you.

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 05:59:35 AM
Mouser will be faster than a business closed for the holiday week.  They also have automated ordering and packing systems that, even under the best circumstances are faster than our parts fulfillment. 1% is fine.

Also, thanks Grainger for pointing to the correct place. It is genuinely helpful when people do address their parts requests to one central location.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 06:01:34 AM by fullheadofnothing »

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Grainger49

Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 06:40:45 AM
Mouser doesn't have a first class mail option.  A Bottlehead pointed out a couple of years back(wish I could remember who to give credit where it is due) that Digi-Key has that option.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 07:43:11 AM
It's also worth noting that it's very likely that your local electronics store has a suitable resistor.  That particular resistor can be 220K-300K without any ill effect, and can be carbon film or metal film, at any wattage really. 

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Bartman

Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 08:08:33 AM
Thanks for the replies.  I won't be in too big a hurry.  My Blumenstein Orcas will not be here for a few weeks