Bottlehead Kits > Bottlehead Power Cord Kit

Power Cord Kit for Bottlehead Crack on HD 650's

(1/2) > >>

Jimb0:
Hi,

I'm considering purchasing the Power Cord Kit to get a wider soundstage as one guy reviewed in one the post. I'm using HD 650's on Crack/Speedball. Has anyone here tried the power cord kit with my setup? I'm still very skeptical on spending that much that not a lot of people have reviewed about. If someone could provide more detailed info on this that would be sweet!

Thanks!

Jim

Mike V.:
Jim,

I got one, is an easy DIY upgrade to do. If you want to get a complete DIY combo is a great idea. It certainly would improve the sound as you will get a cleaner electric input in to the crack. But do not expect a BIG change, you should try a tube swap, or just enjoy the speedball upgrade.

Where I really found a great improvement was combining the powercord and interconects kits to the Crack/Speeball/HD650.

Hope this helps you decide.

Miguel

Mr. Electric Wizard:
Bummer that the interconnect kit isn't available anymore.
I just bought a pair of interconnects from Blue Jeans Cable.  Hope these are as good.  :)

oguinn:
Yeah, I also would have sprung for some interconnect kits. Parts shopping isn’t as fun as building.

Doc B.:
Unfortunately the number of interconnect kits ordered didn't justify keeping them in the catalog. It's too bad, as I think they work quite well. The Blue Jean cables made with 89259 sound pretty close to the cables we sold, using similar materials and construction. I found the Switchcraft right angle RCA plugs we used sounded a little better to me than the straight Canares they use. Or perhaps the soldered connection we used sounded a little bit better than the crimped connection they use. Not sure exactly what created the difference I heard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version