left channel dies after 5 minutes

denti alligator · 6007

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #60 on: May 12, 2017, 05:22:56 PM
You're back to having one of the C4S boards up front that isn't working properly (bad voltage at T1 or T5).  You'll need to troubleshoot this first.

You many also want to consider removing the Speedball and checking to be sure that the stock Crack is still functional.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline denti alligator

Reply #61 on: June 04, 2017, 04:09:48 PM
OK, I finally got around to removing the Speedball. Back to stock. Resistances normal. On voltage check I noticed one of the LEDs (the one at A8 to center) was out. So I replaced it. Then it worked. However.... it went out after about 3 minutes or so at which point the voltages started going haywire.

I woke up this morning and decided to replace both LEDs as well as a couple wires I had nicked. That did it! Crack back up and running!

I'm going to wait to put the Speedball in the other Crack I'm building. I suspect it will work fine, since the error seems to have been with the LED.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 03:45:52 AM by denti alligator »

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable