Doc B. · 7622

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 03:15:53 PM
Glad I got mine when the getting was good...John

John Scanlon

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 04:17:02 PM
That sucks. I was hoping to get another one. I thought the BH DAC would be around a bit longer than a single run.  :( Oh well, time to move along I guess.

Offline mcandmar

• Not all engineers are civil
Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 04:50:05 PM
That is a shame as its such a good sounding DAC.  Glad i jumped into the first batch as i love mine..

M.McCandless

Offline yugnat

Reply #18 on: February 23, 2016, 06:58:31 PM
Just wanted to register and post that I was disappointed to read this DAC is not available, I've been searching for a new DAC and this one really seemed to fit what I was looking for.  If there is ever any chance of another run, be it SPDIF or USB, I hope I hear about it!

Offline Strikkflypilot

• Shellac fiddler
Reply #19 on: February 24, 2016, 08:43:12 AM
I'll second that.
Currently looking for the best DAC/ Preamp solution for my Mainline/ HD800.
Having fun with my Chromecast audio right now, great simplicity, but looking for something on level with the HD800/ Mainline.

Home system:
Sources: Ibasso DX90, Google Chromecast Audio optical out
DAC: Schiit Gumby
Amp: Bottlehead Mainline
http://bottlehead.com/smf/index.php?topic=7463.0
Phones: HD800S

Office:
Sources: Iphone/ Ipod
DAC: Dragonfly Red+Jtrbug
Amp: Crack/Speedball heavily modded
Phones: HD580,HD600 grilles

Offline khingila

I bought a Bottlehead DAC from the first and unfortunately only production run with the intention of integrating it into a server based source for my Bottlehead system. Fifteen months later, I recognise that time constraints make it unlikely that I'll ever get around to actually implementing the idea. My DAC has about an hour of run time on it; when i first received it, I connected it to the digital outs on CD and DVD players, mostly for the fun of watching the display light up. It has otherwise sat unused. I consulted with Doc B and got his approval to post it here for sale. I don't know if this is the best thread for the post, but it's a start. My asking price of $1500 will cover shipping, and with no sales tax, is about a 12% discount from the new price. If you're interested, please contact me at joe(no space)piecuch at gmail. Thanks!

khingila