Audirvana 2.0..1 -- No more need for iTunes integration.

Jim R. · 2784

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
I took a look at the new Audirvana and was suprised to see what I've been wanting in a music player app for a long time now -- it has it's own built-in music database, so no more having to choose between iTunes and a simple playlist mode.

Maybe this is no big deal to most of you, especially those of you who actually like using iTunes :-). I don't. It's clunky and cumbersome with Voice Over, not to mention a lot of other problems that just make it a real PITA to use.

BTW, the new internal audirvana database has some very nice search capabilities, and finally, there are added tags for categorizing classical and jazz albums.

Yes, I know about JRiver, but neither version (PC or MAC) works with any screen reader. I'd been using that a long time ago had it been accessible to me.

So, just an FYI. I plan to try it sometime this week.

In the mean time, if anybody else has used this, can you tell us about your experiences? Sound quality is also supposed to be improved when the iTunes integration is not being used.

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)