Bottlehead Kits > Mainline

Mainline input selector

(1/3) > >>

JamieMcC:
I have been trying to do some AB testing between sources using the Mainlines input selector and while one channel switches over reasonably ok the other channel makes a annoying pop during the switch. So firstly should it be ok to switch between sources with the selector like this and secondly is there some kind of modification or different switch perhaps that would allow for a smother transition whilst switching from one live input to another on the fly so to speak?

Thanks

Paul Birkeland:
This switch shouldn't exhibit any significant noise.  Did it melt at all when you soldered to it?  Do both your sources have 3 wire power cords?

On the Mainline I have next to me, there's just a slight sizzle when I switch inputs.

-PB

JamieMcC:

--- Quote from: Caucasian Blackplate on September 11, 2015, 12:20:58 PM ---This switch shouldn't exhibit any significant noise.  Did it melt at all when you soldered to it?  Do both your sources have 3 wire power cords?

On the Mainline I have next to me, there's just a slight sizzle when I switch inputs.

-PB

--- End quote ---

Hi Paul ok one source only has a two wire power chord.

Paul Birkeland:
You could try grounding the chassis of that component to earth or to the plate of the Mainline (or converting to 2-wire cord to a 3-wire cord).

JamieMcC:
Thanks Paul I will give that a go.

Cheers

Jamie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version