Record Store FS

ironbut · 1572

Offline ironbut

on: November 21, 2013, 06:50:31 PM
When you watched the movie "High Fidelity", did you think to yourself "that's the life for me"?
Well, here's your opportunity!
Uh yeah. Forgot to mention that the shops in London.
It's also the oldest record store in London.
And where does one sell a record store lock, stock and barrel?
eBay naturally!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2488667/On-The-Beat-record-shop-sale-eBay.html

steve koto

Offline Chris

Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 06:20:07 AM
Love London and know it quite well.. Where else can you drive down the street and see Rick Wakeman standing there  playing with his cellphone... of course,  he was dialing with incredible speed and accuracy.. :)  IF, you could put up with the weather and can make a decent living?? , that would be a dream job... and about High Fidelity??  I just arranged my vinyl collection in reverse chronological within a split alphabetical order starting with the "M"s........ :)

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 06:43:23 AM
The problem for independent record store owners is letting go of the product. For every record you see in the store the guy usually has ten at home that he just can't bring himself to put in the bins.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Chris

Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 07:08:56 AM
Haha , yes exactly... the funniest scene in the movie was Jack Black frantically searching for a certain classic album that the customer didnt have and when finding it he presses it against his chest, sighs and says to the guy.... "it's gonna be ok......"  hahahahaha.... Ken Kessler quotes that scene in HI FI NEWS magazine also.... classic!!!! because why??  WE can ALL relate at least a little to it!!!!...

Offline ironbut

Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 02:40:21 PM
The problem for independent record store owners is letting go of the product. For every record you see in the store the guy usually has ten at home that he just can't bring himself to put in the bins.

That's also the problem with working at a record store. My pals who worked at some took home about half of their paychecks every week.
Great places to meet girls though!

steve koto

Offline Chris

Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 12:06:18 AM
Yep.. I can imagine this happening.. WAY too tempting after the paychecks have arrived...