Manual Erata - 10/18/15 Version

Paul Birkeland · 7134

Offline netosullivc

Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 02:44:48 AM
Hi just some notes on the circuit diagram, the jack pins appear reveresed, right channel should be the ring, left tip by std connections, the 10,000uF appears lost and B+ Raw leaves the power supplies cd at two places - doesnt make sense would expect as per crack cd leaves after the double r pi or named different if two different feeds. Is there significant deliberate volt drop across the 270R's Also notice the slight change to the 6080 operating point via R1 and R2 changes is this deliberate - to achieve something slightly different? (interested to know)
i read the manual info on the circuit and you have obviously put a lot of work into the hv supply but nil change to the  channel circuit - interesting.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #16 on: October 29, 2015, 07:32:41 AM
Thanks for the feedback on the schematic.  I've corrected the inconsistencies you've mentioned.

The power supply is different because the C2A draws more high voltage current per channel, which would give too much voltage drop through a single CRCRC power supply (and the resistors would need to be 10 Watts), but two separate CRC's that share the first C provide enough filtering for this design and still leave enough voltage for the circuit to operate (note that this would not work in the Crack).

The R1 values haven't changed (still 237/31.6), though the plate voltage of the 6080 is a tad lower than it usually is in the Crack.

The Crackatwoa is intended to elevate the stock Crack circuit well beyond what any modified Crack could ever achieve, while at the same time providing more space and better ergonomics for modifications and upgrades down the road.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #17 on: December 09, 2015, 08:41:58 AM
On manuals dated 11-25-15 and earlier, the wire colors on the highest voltage setting are reversed. On page 26, the first instruction should say 22U and the second instruction should say 23U. The pictures are correct.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline ssenesy

Reply #18 on: January 10, 2016, 03:57:31 PM
On page 57, the text description of the 220 ohm resistor reads - red, red, violet, gold.  It should read red, red, brown, gold.  The pictures are correct.

Stan

Offline netosullivc

Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 11:39:29 PM
Um a question I don't want to ask, just finished wiring the input selector and potentiometers and during testing surprised to find that with the white tab of the selector switch turned to the left the right most input is selected and vice versa. I was sort of expecting left is left right is right? I have doubled checked the wiring and as per instructions. (Its ok if I reverse the knob!)

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 09:29:45 AM
Sure, reversing the knob shouldn't cause any problems, you'll just have to switch inputs 1 and 3.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline netosullivc

Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 01:06:48 AM
I was being facetious.  It just seems rather illogical - the manual could be strengthened by pointing out prior to the hookup what the outcome/ orientation will be.