Bottlehead Kits > Mainline

C4s Board help Mainline [resolved]

(1/2) > >>

pioter:
Good day,
 I just finished my project yay. But im running into some issues and would like to know if anyone can help out.
 I have an issues 2 leds on the left b side are not lighting up. Maybe against better judgment i tried to listen to some music but only 1 side of the headphone would have music coming out.
All the control works just fine, volume/source/on/off ect. The tubes light up.

In the resistance check I have terminal # 15 is giving me O.L. all the other onces are in spec(#25 gives me 210 ohms).
For Voltage check: Everything is in spec except.
bReg B  side : 6.25 (suppose to be 275v)
kReg B side : 2 (suppose to be 8-12)

Update: whops i was missing a wire to 15l, but i still have the same issue. For the A side potentiometer, i was able to set it at 145 v but the B side one Does not react and stays at 5.10 v
So yeh im having issues with the left side of the amp . Tried tube swapping but got the same results. Im pretty new to troubleshooting electronics so any help would be great.

Paul Birkeland:
Unplug the 6C45 on the offending side, then see if your bReg voltage pops up.  (Turn the amp off, remove the tube, then plug the amp back in)

Just out of curiosity, what voltage do you get on the 6.3V terminal on your power supply board? (The 6.25V seems too coincidental)

pioter:
Took some fresh reading with the left tube out (left as in when facing upside like in the picture).

Left vDC275 : 277
Right vDc275: 275

IA left 275
IA right 276

B side bReg 221
Kreg 10.68

A side bReg 218
Kreg 3.6

(if im not mixing anything up A side of the regualtor board in from middle and down, b side Is middle and up)

Voltage at terminal 30 after adjusting the A side is 145. Voltage at terminal 15 is 220 does not respond to potentiometer adjustments. (with the left tube out)

pioter:
found the issue, I have to tilit the middle tube just ever so slightly to get both side to work its odd but Everything works. Only one thing left to do , time to rock out.

Paul Birkeland:
Check the connections on that middle tube socket, I think you will find that pin 6 is touching pin 5.

-PB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version