Super Session

butchbass · 1722

Offline butchbass

on: January 15, 2016, 06:37:28 AM
No one is home today and I have the Mike Bloomfield, Al Kooper , and Steven Stills Super Session album on and cranked up! I have never heard it sound so good. This is one of the first albums I bought as a teenager and one of my favorites. I think Mike Bloomfield's guitar playing on Albert's Shuffle is some of the best I have heard. Thanks Bottlehead and Blumenstein for some awesome products.

Butch Gross
Stereomour II/  Blumenstein Orcas, Dungenes/Schiit Bifrost Multibit/Amarra

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 07:48:44 AM
A great album, indeed.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline elcraigo

Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 08:32:04 AM
Listened to that last weekend. It is great. I still have my copy I bought in the early 70's.

Craig Lewis (elcraigo is a nickname a good friend who grew up in Mexico gave me)

Offline rdonahue

Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 06:17:41 AM
Big fan of this album and Mike Bloomfield in general. As much as folks love this one, if you like hearing blistering blues playing by Mike, you owe it to yourself to check out Nick Gravenites' My Labors and Live at Bill Grahams Fillmore West 1969. Specifically songs like Moon Tune, Wintry Country Side, Blues on the Westside... Killer, killer stuff.

Offline Yoder

Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 12:46:03 PM
A superb album from the same era with Bloomfield, is "The Electric Flag." A great band with horns and the whole shebang. I must listen to it once or twice a month, and it is one of those albums that does not sound dated.