Can I just leave it all turned on?

glynnw · 2425

Offline glynnw

on: March 05, 2016, 09:10:11 AM
I am using a Bottled DAC and Bottlebat - absolutely love the sound.  I also am using a Regen going into the DAC - I was told by Uptone that John used the Bottlehead DAC when designing the Regen and they  do seem to work excellently together.  Doing some research the other day on the net and I ran across a comment by John that one of the thingies in the Regen sounded best after running for at least 8 hours and reaching it's proper temperature.  I am thinking the same might apply to the DAC.  So, do you think there is any harm on leaving the Bottlebat in the run while charging mode all the time, switching to play but don't charge when seriously listening?

PC, J River software, opticaRendu, Schitt Ygg DAC,Tortuga Pre, Torta Radu tube buffer, Linear Tube Audio ZOTL10, Spatial Audio X5w/pair of GR Research dual 12" open baffle servo subwoofers tamed by DSpeaker Dual-Core DSP , Audience AU24 SE  spkr cable, handmade silver interconnects,

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 09:29:29 AM
Absolutely. I would go one step more and say you can probably just leave it in CHG/BAT mode. That's what I do and it seems to sound the same as BAT only. An SLA battery likes to be kept topped up so this is an ideal condition for the battery too.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline glynnw

Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 03:19:42 PM
Coolness, daddio.

PC, J River software, opticaRendu, Schitt Ygg DAC,Tortuga Pre, Torta Radu tube buffer, Linear Tube Audio ZOTL10, Spatial Audio X5w/pair of GR Research dual 12" open baffle servo subwoofers tamed by DSpeaker Dual-Core DSP , Audience AU24 SE  spkr cable, handmade silver interconnects,