It's yellow

StevePL · 4098

Offline StevePL

on: November 16, 2016, 07:01:03 PM
Just took delivery of my Quicksand. It'll be paired up with my Quickie with PJCSS which I have some Clarity MR caps to install in, they'll get installed once this Quicksand is up and running.
I was thinking of installing them side by side in a 10x12 base but the Quickie is brown and the Quicksand is yellow. The random base thing didn't work out so well for me and yellow is not my favorite color so I might have to hide it out of sight.
On the plus side it means I'll have to pull the trigger on a Seductor sooner rather than later.

I'll update on the sound of the Quickie/Quicksand combo when I've built it, but I'm not rushing right now.

Crack Speedball, HD600, HD 25 300ohm.
Audirvana +, Schiit Modi Multibit, Smash-Smash Up Clarity MR, Rotel 956 bridged 2x Mono, Revel Performa F30.
Fiio X5ii, Quickie, Quicksand, Blumenstein Orca

Offline Audio Islander

Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 11:07:04 PM
My Quickie was also Yellow which I don't like.  I used some white primer and metallic spray paint on mine.  It had a very cool reaction to the acrylic that I like.

Offline StevePL

Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 05:30:25 AM
Well that's way better looking.

I'll guess I'll have to experiment too.

Audirvana +, Schiit Modi Multibit, Smash-Smash Up Clarity MR, Rotel 956 bridged 2x Mono, Revel Performa F30.

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 07:05:54 AM
When Quickie and Quicksand are ordered together, I try to match panel colors. This depends on what my stock is at the time. It is impossible to do with separate shipments.

If matching is important, order together.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 07:12:53 AM
My Quickie was also Yellow which I don't like.  I used some white primer and metallic spray paint on mine.  It had a very cool reaction to the acrylic that I like.

My hunch is that it was a reaction between the primer and the metallic paint rather than a reaction with the ABS.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline StevePL

Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 07:13:38 AM
I've had the Quickie for almost a year now so understood the chances of getting the same color was pretty much nonexistent.
As it says somewhere part of the fun of these kits is not knowing what color you'll be getting.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 08:01:02 PM by StevePL »