upgrade parts for Stereomour 2

kivanculgener · 1680

Offline kivanculgener

on: May 16, 2016, 05:37:44 AM
Hi;
 i am new at this forum.English is not my native language so sorry for my English.
    i haven't got my Stereomour 2 kit yet but i want to order some upgrade parts to make them ready for instalation while waiting.
   To keep it simple i only want to ask some questions.
   1:) i want to use VH Audio  VH Audio's UniCrystalâ„¢ OCC copper wire for all wiring except signal section.They only have 18,21 and 24 ga wire on hand.Which of them can be appropiate.For signal wire i want to use VH Audio Symmetry Cu analogue cable.6 singe cable for 3 pair of RCA sockets.Does anybody  know  the diameter of this cable? .Are there enough place to place 6 single cable on plate for this purpose?Ä°s it worth to spend this much money for this purpose.
  2) Ä° need to know the diameter size of the speaker terminal and RCA socket holes on the plate.(WBT Topline plugs need at least 12 mm diameter holes.)
  3) i want to replace Mill's MGA12 12w wire wound resistors with stock ones.Can it be an upgrade?
     Any comments will be appreciated.Again sorry for my English and thank you.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 06:29:13 AM
The OCC wire is nice wire, but it doesn't like to be twisted very tightly.  21 GA should be fine for the build, but I would still use our heavy duty green wire where it is placed in the kit.  I can't comment about the Symmetry Cu cable, you'll have to buy it and give it a shot.

The binding post holes are 1/2" each and 3/4" apart.  I believe the RCA jack holes are 10mm. 

I personally wouldn't bother with the Mills resistors in place of the stock ones, as a little inductance in a capacitor bypassed cathode resistor is not something I would consider a problem to be fixed.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline kivanculgener

Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 07:05:48 AM
Hı Caucasian Blackplate
 Thank you for your comments.