Bottlehead Kits > S.E.X. Kit

S.E.X. 2.1 Retired!

(1/5) > >>

Doc B.:
The last S.E.X. kit sold early this morning. We have decided to retire the Single Ended eXperimenter's kit due to the supply of 6DN7s getting so sparse that we can no longer purchase the volume of tubes necessary to justify continued production. There will be plenty available in small quantities for some time if you need a spare. Thanks so much to everyone who purchased a S.E.X. kit in one (or more) of its iterations over the past 21 years. It's the kit that got us started, and we plan to continue cooking up unique and great sounding products like it for as long as I have new ideas - of which there continue to be plenty.

Bonzo:
Looking forward to see the new masterpiece!!

S.E.X. is dead, long live the ______ ! :)

tdogzthmn:
Love my little SEX 2.1 it's been awesome as a headphone amp and diving my Orcas's.

I'd personally be interested in seeing Bottleheads take on an OTL power amp for speakers!  Love to hear some thoughts on this.

Natural Sound:
Before I knew about Bottlehead I built a 6T9 amplifier that was featured in the August 2004 issue of Nuts and Volts magazine. At the time the 6T9 was plentiful and cheap. Fast forward to 2016 and the 6T9 is often difficult to find but if you do it comes with a hefty price tag. I still have that amp but I don't use it anymore. My S.E.X. 2.0 and 2.1 amps sound much better. I did learn my lesson though and amassed a small stock of 6DN7's that should get me to the end of the line. ;)

http://www.sparetimegizmos.com/Hardware/Stereo_6t9.htm

Doc B.:

--- Quote from: tdogzthmn on May 07, 2016, 04:21:42 AM ---Love my little SEX 2.1 it's been awesome as a headphone amp and diving my Orcas's.

I'd personally be interested in seeing Bottleheads take on an OTL power amp for speakers!  Love to hear some thoughts on this.

--- End quote ---

My thought is that it might be pretty cool if you had 600 ohm speakers. For 8 ohm speakers, what I would do would not be very practical.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version