Fuses?

caffeinator · 1381

Offline caffeinator

on: June 06, 2016, 03:46:07 AM
Hello, all,

I've been spending some time lately catching up on my backlog of kit builds and it seems like I keep coming up short a fuse here and there.  Are they usually in one of the parts bags?

Scrounging for fuses has had me checking area retailers and I've discovered that not many have much, if any, selection of fuses.  Has anyone found a pretty common retailer where one can find fuses in the range (1 - 1.5A), size, and types (slow blow) typical of Bottlehead kits?  I used to go to Radio Shack, but they are getting hard to find.

Oh, and btw, add to the lists of things not to google at work 'slow blow,' and 'fast blow.'

TIA,

David

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 04:04:03 AM
Fast blows are easy to find in a wide array of values at hardware stores. All fuses provide by Bottlehead for at least the past five years have been fast blow.

In Seattle at least I have found that the demise of RadioHut has not really happened. The one by my house is still there, as is the one downtown on third. Vetco in Bellvue will also have a wide array of fuses, as will any mail order parts houses (i.e. Mouser).

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus