Bottlehead Kits > Kaiju Stereo 300B amp

Limited Edition Kaiju Kits

(1/4) > >>

Doc B.:
The Kaiju 300B amplifier kit has been getting a lot of positive reviews as an exceptional amplifier. We thought it would be appropriate to offer a special limited edition of the Kaiju that brings the level of visual refinement of the amp up to that of the sonic refinement. And so we are producing a run of eleven Limited Edition Kaiju kits. It was going to be twelve, but Doc liked the look so much he decided to keep one for himself.

• Each chassis has been painted with a bronze hammer finish acrylic lacquer

• The top mounted plate chokes are a special edition that are fully enclosed in end bells and finished with a complementary copper hammer finish lacquer, along with the power transformer bell end.

• This premium kit includes the Kaiju 300B DC filament supply

• The hardware is all black, including the Neutrik RCA jacks

• Binding posts are Cardas tellurium copper

• Cream colored chicken head knobs are included for the level trim adjusters.

• The base is custom milled from walnut by the millwright who makes our production alder bases, to the same precise standards. You can finish it any way you like, and we will be happy to share info on how we applied a high quality gunstock oil finish to the prototype shown here. We even include the usually optional Bottlehead badge with this kit.

• The kit will ship with Electro Harmonix Gold Grid 300Bs.

http://bottlehead.com/product/kaijulimited/

pics up next week.

fritzthecat:
Hi Doc

is there any possibility to get hold of the covers you are using for the chokes with the signature kit? Or could I send the chockes I got with the second Kaiju Kit back, pay the difference and get a couple of chokes with covers? That would be great.

Beside the bibding posts and some optical improvements are there also parts different from the stock Kaiju being used within the limited edition?

Doc B.:
As the word limited implies, there are only enough of the custom chokes to go with the complete kits offered in this special production run. The limited kits offer excellent quality underchassis components and circuit design in a cosmetic package that I feel matches well with the sonic performance.

fritzthecat:
So that means I would have to order one to find out...;-)

bombay317:
is there any chance there is going to be another run of these limited edition kits?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version