Stereomour II Resistance Check Problems [resolved]

ompv62 · 1520

Offline ompv62

Greetings,

This is my first post on the forum and this is my first time building, so I am very much a novice. I had a great time building the amplifier - the instructions are fantastic. All of the resistance checks are good except these:

40 - should be 1.4K, I got 238
39 - should be 1.2k, I got 53
37 - should be 1.2k, I got 53
36 - should be 1.2K, I got 21
15 - should be 1.2k, I got 21.5

How do I begin to figure this out?

Thank you in advance.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 05:58:32 AM by Caucasian Blackplate »

-Ohan Markarian

Offline denti alligator

Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 02:49:35 AM
Double check your solder joints and wiring, and then post a picture. Someone will be able to help.

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable

Offline ompv62

Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 04:48:26 AM
A fresh look at it again this morning reveals that I stupidly reversed the 3KΩ 5W wirewound resistor with the 22Ω 5W wirewound resistor on the D side.

Can anyone provide any tips on how to get this done? Would you desolder anything else other then the two resistors in question? Looks like it could be difficult. Once again, I am a novice. Thank you in advance.

-Ohan Markarian

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 05:30:46 PM
Those resistors are not expensive or hard to find. I bet BH replacement parts could hook you up.

I would just clip them out, gets them out of the way and you just have the small bit of leed to get free, a much easier task.

Then start fresh with new ones and pretend it never happened 8)...John   

John Scanlon

Offline ompv62

Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 06:57:51 PM
Thanks John. That is what I assumed. I clipped them both out right at the resistor leaving some lead still attached to the terminals.

Is it permissible to wrap the new leads around the existing and solder them together rather than de-soldering at the terminal?

-Ohan Markarian

Offline kgoss

Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 02:45:12 AM
Just twist the leads into a tight mechanical connection before soldering. Remember solder is not glue used to tie two pieces of wire together, rather it protects a good mechanical connection from movement and oxidation.  Also be sure to clip the ends close to prevent potential shorting.

Ken Goss