phase

proud indian · 2288

Offline proud indian

on: August 28, 2016, 05:15:23 AM
Read that the phase is inverted in the FP 3. also read elsewhere that the speaker terminals should be changed is such a scenerio.  My pre runs into the sex amp. Advice please.

Thanks,

shreekant

system 1. oppo, quickie,SEX 2.1 ( V cap), Decware DFR8 in ZOB cabs
System 2. Tascam cd200, Terra Dac,Zbox,Decware Zen amp(V cap) Lowther PM6A in Acousta horns.
Maple rack, Brass footers,Power conditioner, dedicated treated room, iso pads, plenty of tubes. All cables DIY.

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 06:22:18 AM
Did you hear a difference when you tried it?

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline proud indian

Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 06:32:42 AM
The stage is wider and better low end, but less in the highs. I tried it after posting, which means about an hour or so. Will know by tomorrow. ...its 10pm now maybe some settling is as I m am using anti cables which are too freendly to move around.

Shreekant

System 2. Tascam cd200, Terra Dac,Zbox,Decware Zen amp(V cap) Lowther PM6A in Acousta horns.
Maple rack, Brass footers,Power conditioner, dedicated treated room, iso pads, plenty of tubes. All cables DIY.

Offline proud indian

Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 06:43:19 AM
I ment " not too frendly" to move around. :)

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 09:38:58 AM
Just for clarification, this would be swapping each pair of speaker cables where they connect to the amp.

There is enough inconsistency (at least in the albums I own) in recordings that I stopped worrying about this years ago.  (Also, in multi-driver loudspeakers, often one driver will be out of phase with the other(s))

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline proud indian

Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 04:28:22 AM
It's been nearly a day. It does sound much better. The sound is more relaxed and generally good across the spectrum.  more than I expected.

shreekant :)