BLUMENSTEIN TRITONS?

SONDEKNZ · 2732

Offline SONDEKNZ

on: October 07, 2016, 09:58:10 AM
Hi guys

First post here for me, but I've been lurking with intent for ages.

I'm a totally delighted ORCA DELUXE (Not DFE...) owner who is seeking another pair of speakers that can deliver a lot more volume.

I run my ORCAs on a FIRST WATT J2 (J-Fet, Single-ended Solid State, 25w/8-Ohm - 13w/4-Ohm) and am wondering if I will be able to use the J2 to rock the house with the TRITONs?
(I don't want to fry tweeters...)

Any thoughts on the minimum impedance dip of the TRITONs and how they will perform on my J2?

Importantly, I'm trying to find some tweeter high frequency information about the TRITON tweeter as I have also been listening to some ribbon tweeters that extend out to 34kHz.  So much space and air.  Will the TRITONs fit the bill?

Any thoughts?  Appreciated.

-SONDEKNZ

Offline Deluk

Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 11:43:50 PM
Although there may be Triton owners here who can give you some feedback they may not be able to supply any technical answers. I'd say it's best to go direct to Blumenstein for that. I'm sure that they are the best source for the information you need. Keep on rockin'.

Offline tdogzthmn

• Industrial Designer
Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 02:19:36 PM
I have the Tritons and have used them with a 30WPC class D amp with very satisfying results.  I found the Tritons while they sound lovely with a 3 watt SET amp will benefit from more power.

I use a 100 WPC Rouge Audio Sphinx with my Tritons and they can really get up and go with all the power.  I hardly ever use more than half volume and typically have it set at a meager %15 for day to day low level listening.