Tubes & Digital, Done Dirt Cheap.

Sugar Man · 3732

Offline Sugar Man

• The Last Honest Lawyer
on: October 09, 2016, 01:29:48 PM
Well, the wife and daughter have taken to Spotify, and I have to say, it's really nice having fingertip access to everything.  So after a little research here on Bottlehead I decided to give a $65 (refurbished) Airport Express a chance with the Stereomour.  Wow.  Sounds pretty darn good, and you have total control of your music and volume from your iPhone or iPad.  Plus full family dance parties...   

Mike "Stein" Ayotte

Current Gear:

Elekit TU-8600 300B w/Lundahl Trannies
Herron Audio VTPH-2a
Rega RP8 w/ Apheta 2
Bluesound Node 2i
Audio Note E Speaker Kit-04 w/ AlNiCo drivers

Stereomour II w/ Jupiters
Eros w/ Mundorf Silver Oils
Blumenstein Orcas & Subs

Offline Rocketman248

Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 09:46:11 PM
I may have to check that out.  I've been using my Apple TV, but that's limited to stuff I have on my iTunes library.  It'd be nice to stream Spotify and the like into my system.

Nick DeBrita
Yokosuka, Japan

Offline JamieMcC

Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 06:00:00 AM
I may have to check that out.  I've been using my Apple TV, but that's limited to stuff I have on my iTunes library.  It'd be nice to stream Spotify and the like into my system.

You should be able to stream spotify to your Apple TV via itunes using the air play feature then take a digital out from the Apple TV into your dac. Spotify works for me this way via iphone & ipad I havn't tried from the pc yet. Its handy feature to have for sure.

Shoot for the moon if you miss you will still be amongst the stars!

Offline Audio Islander

Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 11:14:56 AM
Have you looked into http://www.runeaudio.com/?

Very nice interface and give you a nice Airplay compatible network streamer running on a RasberryPi.  A RasberryPi is only $40 and you can get a decent I2S DAC for it for $40-$70, with option in the future to get a better DAC.  Currently you have to use another device to through AirPlay to use streaming services like Spotify or TIDAL, but they are currently adding built in support of these services.