Right channel no sound and LED not lighting up

eeyore · 3274

Offline eeyore

• Blog
on: September 11, 2010, 04:04:25 PM
Just finished my Crack plus Speedball last night. Did all the resistance checks, all good. Power up, all good. But after a while all but 2 LED light up, Both seem to be on the right channel. One on the 6080 board and the other one the driver board. The heatsink to the associated output transistor quite hot compared with the other one. Tried with some music. Awesome sound from the left headphone, dead quiet on the right. Measured the voltage of the LED with a LED meter. Read around 1.4v ish on the ones that work and 0.7v on the two that don't work. Is my amp not working due to the LED not working measured the resistance of all the transistor pins, all high Mega ohm range. Yes the LED are installed the right way as well.

Any assistance?

David

Bottlehead Crack :: HD650, Beyer DT880(600), ATH-D700

Offline eeyore

• Blog
Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 10:14:09 PM
Just read other posts and check the board, and I stuffed up the small transistors on the Speedball. Resoldered and everything as is! Amazing sound off the bat. But I am using Aein 100uf and K40y as output. The bass is tremendous on my HD650. Very engaging sound even before broken in! Compares well, if not better then my broken in MiniMax Milllett! Can't to full break in and complete.

David

Bottlehead Crack :: HD650, Beyer DT880(600), ATH-D700