tubes in Stereomour II kit?

rockdoc · 2090

Offline rockdoc

on: December 30, 2016, 09:42:10 AM
I can't see which tubes are included, if any, in the Stereomour II kit. Are they part of the kit?

Offline Jamier

Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 11:35:27 AM
My SIIs came with Sovtek 2A3s and some very cool old GE 12AT7s.  I belive all the SIIs come with the Sovteks. Bottlehead seems to have quite a collection of old,  vintage driver tubes that they pick from for the included drivers.

Jamie

James Robbins

Offline rockdoc

Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 02:47:22 PM
good to know; there's no mention of tubes anywhere on the products page.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 03:40:36 PM
We include the chassis panel and the transformers too, just in case anyone is wondering.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline rockdoc

Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 03:36:00 AM
Thanks doc, those I saw mentioned and described. I ask because tubes aren't mentioned at all, and since I'm one of a number of people considering these for 45 tubes rather than 2a3s, I don't need the 2a3s. Just curious.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 03:44:24 AM by rockdoc »

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 06:51:05 AM
What we found over the years that we have been selling Stereomour is that the number of people who want to use 45s in one is actually quite small. Thus we have not put a lot of emphasis on the 45 in updating the Stereomour to Stereomour II and we package it as a 2A3 amp, as we did not feel it cost effective for us to dedicate a lot of time to adding sections to the assembly manual about it or offering different tube options. It's a pretty straightforward mod, as PJ has described. And thus we will feel comfortable leaving it as a DIY kind of thing and just supporting it here on the forum.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.