Crack sale shipping questions

elnrik · 1838

Offline elnrik

on: March 08, 2017, 06:30:47 PM
Hi there, Powers That Be!

I was just wondering if you could share a wee bit of info with us on how the orders are being processed and shipped from the giant crack sale.  It helps many of us quell our innate curiosity and anxiousness on when we might get our highly anticipated kits.  :)

Are they processing and shipping out in batches?  Trickling out the door?  Is the processing of orders all done?  Was there a "holy crap we need more crack than Motley Crew's last reunion tour" moment?

Hehehe.  Anyway... Thanks, I do appreciate it!

Sincerely,

The Terminally Impatient

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 08:44:33 PM
It was a record number of kit orders for a Crack sale. The shipping will be the same as for the past 7 years - 4 to 6 weeks, as stated in the sale announcement. We order parts for the entire order once we have the final count. That means panels, wood bases and power transformers have to be manufactured from orders that were just sent in Monday. We pack and ship in batches, in the order that orders are received. So time to ship is more like 4 weeks if you ordered the first day. More like 6 weeks if you ordered the last day.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline elnrik

Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 06:09:52 AM
Thanks Doc!

I really apprecaite it!

Offline jorge2334

Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 05:51:22 PM
It was a record number of kit orders for a Crack sale. The shipping will be the same as for the past 7 years - 4 to 6 weeks, as stated in the sale announcement. We order parts for the entire order once we have the final count. That means panels, wood bases and power transformers have to be manufactured from orders that were just sent in Monday. We pack and ship in batches, in the order that orders are received. So time to ship is more like 4 weeks if you ordered the first day. More like 6 weeks if you ordered the last day.

Are these sales frequent?

Ever since I got a pair of HD650 as a gift last Christmas, I've been looking for an amp to compliment it. Everywhere I go - Head-Fi, SuperAudioBestFriends, reddit, you name it - people talk about the legendary performance and synergy of the HD650 + Crack combo. Since I'm a college student, and my funds are limited, I've been waiting for a good deal on the Crack. Today I was stumped to find out that there actually was a sale at the beginning of the month, and that I ended up missing it. Is there any chance that a similar deal will be available soon?

Thanks!

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 06:20:59 PM
What you need to do is:

A) sign up for the Bottlehead Forum Newsletter. This automatically happens when you register unless you opt out of receiving emails from us.
or
B) check the special deals section of the forum. If you use the unread posts links at the top when you log in you will be able to catch everything you missed since your last login.
or
C) like our Facebook page for sale announcements
or
D) follow our instagram for announcements

We do not pre-plan sales. Thus we don't have any information about when the next sale might be, or what it might be for. Right now there is a sale, thru April 9th, on the Eros phono preamp kit.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline jorge2334

Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 07:14:09 PM
What you need to do is:

A) sign up for the Bottlehead Forum Newsletter. This automatically happens when you register unless you opt out of receiving emails from us.
or
B) check the special deals section of the forum. If you use the unread posts links at the top when you log in you will be able to catch everything you missed since your last login.
or
C) like our Facebook page for sale announcements
or
D) follow our instagram for announcements

We do not pre-plan sales. Thus we don't have any information about when the next sale might be, or what it might be for. Right now there is a sale, thru April 9th, on the Eros phono preamp kit.

Thanks for the information! I'm currently subscribed to the newsletter (before making the account to ask), but didn't received anything. I'll start following on Facebook and Instagram.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 08:01:11 PM
I would suggest checking your spam folder for the newsletter.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline attmci

Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 07:08:46 AM
Are these sales frequent?

Ever since I got a pair of HD650 as a gift last Christmas, I've been looking for an amp to compliment it. Everywhere I go - Head-Fi, SuperAudioBestFriends, reddit, you name it - people talk about the legendary performance and synergy of the HD650 + Crack combo. Since I'm a college student, and my funds are limited, I've been waiting for a good deal on the Crack. Today I was stumped to find out that there actually was a sale at the beginning of the month, and that I ended up missing it. Is there any chance that a similar deal will be available soon?

Thanks!

Buy a used one?

But ask for a picture of the inside of the amp before you bid.

A lot of crack was build like crappy toys. :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 02:41:35 AM by attmci »