Headphones

TexasRugger · 27429

Offline HF9

• Zynsonix.com
    • Zynsonix.com
Reply #75 on: December 06, 2010, 08:46:18 AM
Sure, or you could make one yourself. It should be just a 1/4" male to 1/4" female cable with resistors in the signal path (not ground). You'll want to make sure to match the resistors to avoid much of a difference in left and right. I've seen people use anything up to 300 ohms.

While you're at it, you could add a right angle neutrik gold 1/4" TRS to the cable so you don't have your headphone cable sticking up in the air. I built a 1/4" right angle male to 1/4" locking female cable for that reason.

My DIY Audio Electronics Blog: DIYAudioBlog.com

Offline tdogzthmn

• Industrial Designer
Reply #76 on: January 18, 2011, 05:12:56 PM
I just wanted to say how pleased I am with my new HD600 being driven by this amp!  I'm being smacked in the face by stingingly crisp bass and luscious vocals.  The crack has full control of these headphones and I can see why they are a recommended pair. 

Now if I could only get a right angled headphone cable for the senns.  Hmm, didn't bottlhead offer one in the past?

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #77 on: January 19, 2011, 05:59:44 AM
Thanks for the kind words! Try Kevin Haskins at DIYCable for the Cardas Sennheiser cable with right angle plug.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline ccklone

Reply #78 on: June 10, 2011, 05:01:23 AM
Hey Now,

Just finished up my Crack and was listening to it with my HD650s. Yep, just like everyone else says, it sounds terrific. I forgot I had another 300 ohm headphone, the MB Quart QP805HS. I plugged those in and woo-hoo, what a difference the Crack makes with this headphone. The bass is more pronounced, tighter and well defined, the mids are very nice and sweet. I listened to them for several hours last night.

I also tried some AKG601s (120 ohm) and it sounded nice, not as good as the HD650 or QP805s. I am gonna give the Crack a good listening too before I do the Speedball upgrade. I'm liking it very much so far.

I only had one cold solder joint on the right channel. Easy peasy re-solder fix. Thanks Bottlehead, love this amp.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Offline Laudanum

Reply #79 on: June 13, 2011, 01:59:32 AM
Hey Now,

Just finished up my Crack and was listening to it with my HD650s. Yep, just like everyone else says, it sounds terrific. I forgot I had another 300 ohm headphone, the MB Quart QP805HS. I plugged those in and woo-hoo, what a difference the Crack makes with this headphone. The bass is more pronounced, tighter and well defined, the mids are very nice and sweet. I listened to them for several hours last night.

I also tried some AKG601s (120 ohm) and it sounded nice, not as good as the HD650 or QP805s. I am gonna give the Crack a good listening too before I do the Speedball upgrade. I'm liking it very much so far.

I only had one cold solder joint on the right channel. Easy peasy re-solder fix. Thanks Bottlehead, love this amp.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

I missed your post somehow.  My wife just bought me the QP805HS on closeout, for Fathers day.  Probably wont be here until end of the week or next week.  Glad to hear that they sound good on Crack.   Looking forward to receiving them and plugging them in.  Congrats on your successful build.  Great headphone amp and a steal at the price.

Desmond G.