Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline oguinn

Reply #16 on: June 06, 2019, 07:39:15 AM

This mirrored manual is hilarious.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline berlinguyinca

Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 07:26:52 PM
Yes, the basic assistance is that what you are doing is a really bad decision.  I looked through our archives to find the thread from the other builder who built his Crack on the wrong side of the chassis, but it appears that he deleted his post.  The outcome of that situation was that he had to buy new wire, electronics, and hardware bags, then start his build over.  In this thread we are attempting to prevent a repeat of these events.

Additionally, what you would need to complete a build like this would be a new layout, new wire lengths, etc. and we will absolutely not provide a new manual for one customer, nor would you want to wait the 8-10 weeks that it would take us to write one for you.

ok finished build, 0 issues, 0 additional wires needed. Was absolutely unproblematic. Just had to switch around the layout of the tube sockets, everything was more or less identical. No additional wires needed. Sounds absolutely great and was really painless to build.

Offline berlinguyinca

Reply #18 on: June 07, 2019, 07:29:31 PM
Having just built one on a custom top plate...

I have a stock crack top plate available.  You pay shipping...done.

thanks, appreciate it but worked out just fine. No need for another top plate, just follow the manual, invert mirror numbers and all good. Happy to post pictures if anybody else has these issues and frankly having the volume on the right side, is quite nice

Deke609

Reply #19 on: June 07, 2019, 07:33:49 PM
Congrats and well done!  I, for one, would like to see a pic of how you wired it.

Derek