My modern version of a Dynaco ST70

Wardsweb · 9669

Offline Cary

Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 06:24:28 AM
WOW! You still are the master!

Offline baddog1946

Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 07:45:22 AM
That's a beautiful piece of work. I was so inspired I am making a smaller one for my extended foreplay III. Using cocbolo veneer as well. Is there any wood more beautiful than cocbolo?
 You are the master. You have both electronics and woodworking down pat. My hat is off to you.

Offline Wardsweb

Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 02:17:30 PM
That's a beautiful piece of work. I was so inspired I am making a smaller one for my extended foreplay III. Using cocbolo veneer as well. Is there any wood more beautiful than cocbolo?
 You are the master. You have both electronics and woodworking down pat. My hat is off to you.
I thank you sir, but I feel I'm only good at best. Even that has taken years of trial and error...lots of errors. I think what most people key in on is my obsessive behavior. I want things one way - right.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 02:27:47 PM
You know some of us are patiently waiting for inside photos...  I am guessing you are spending a ton of time perfecting this beast?

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Wardsweb

Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 02:17:07 PM
You know some of us are patiently waiting for inside photos...  I am guessing you are spending a ton of time perfecting this beast?

My appologies, the amp was set aside for a few more pressing items that needed my attention. Things like my wife asked nicely for pull out drawers for her pots & pans, my son informed me he wants to take my 1955 Belair to prom and my truck decided to stop running. The drawers are made and sitting in the floor to go in, I did brakes all around with wheel cylinder rebuilds on the 55 and my poor truck still doesn't run. Did I mention, I just completed an ISO recertification audit at work?

I will return to the amp which is still sitting on the table in the sun room, but it may be a few weeks.

Offline mrarroyo

Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 02:19:40 AM
I would love to see a picture of the 55 Belair!