New 300B's

galyons · 6004

Offline Adrian

Reply #15 on: May 31, 2021, 05:42:25 PM
I have read very good things about the Psvane ACME,  I just bought a pair to use in my Kaiju when I get/ and build it.  I hope the live up to alll the hype.  I have also heard a lot of good things about the Linlai Elite 300b also

Debra
Debra
I am curious about your impressions/advise for the Psvane ACME 300b and the Linlai Elite 300b.
I have been running Genelex Gold Lions in my BH Paramounts for about four years and looking toward an upgrade.
The Psvane and Linlai are similar in price point and would like to hear your review of them.
(You can PM or email me if you wish.)
Thanks

Adrian C.

VPI Prime w/Ortofon Quintet Black MC/Rothwell MCL Lundahl SUT/EROS/Submissive (3 output mod)/Mainline/Crack - Speedball/S.E.X. 2.1 - C4S/S.E.X. 3.0 - C4S/Paramounts - Blumenstein 2.2 Mini-Max w/DOF mod -Senn HD600/Viso HP50/Focal Elear.

Offline BicycleJoe

Reply #16 on: October 08, 2021, 08:50:49 AM
Hi new member here I just ordered the Elkit TU-8600S for delivery in December from VK so I am in the process of selecting tubes
Sorry I am such a newbie its been 45 years since I assembled a new system. I tried to post 3 pictures

Are these the Cossor Linlai 300B you are writing about?

what do you think of these?
Do they have the same construction as the original WE300B?

it's all in one note

BicycleJoe T.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #17 on: October 08, 2021, 10:16:57 AM
I just ordered the Elkit TU-8600S for delivery in December
Well that's awkward...

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline BicycleJoe

Reply #18 on: October 08, 2021, 10:20:40 AM
I am sorry have I broken one of the unwritten rules, what makes it awkward ?
I was interested in this thread specifically 300B valvesso I became a member.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 10:23:36 AM by BicycleJoe »

it's all in one note

BicycleJoe T.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #19 on: October 08, 2021, 10:24:30 AM
We make/sell 300B kit amplifiers. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline BicycleJoe

Reply #20 on: October 08, 2021, 11:03:32 AM
Sorry I didn't know I thought this was a tube enthusiast forum, but after your last post I figured it out I even looked at your YouTube video

Since I'm a newbie maybe you could take a look at my question and ponder it a while.
I've been looking at the ElKit since last year and pulled the trigger on impulse.
Thanks I'm looking at replacing everything, Phono pre, cartridge and TT I'm starting over from scratch

it's all in one note

BicycleJoe T.

Offline aragorn723

Reply #21 on: October 09, 2021, 12:39:38 AM
Well welcome to the forum!  I've been following Bottlehead and posting on this forum for the past 20 years or so.  Imho the value/appeal of Bottlehead is that they sell kits with excellent sound quality for the money.  You will be hard pressed to buy something pre-built that will sound as good for the price.  The instructions for building their kits is great too.  You may be interested in the Eros 2 phono preamp based on your post.  Not to derail this thread.  Perhaps that's a topic for a new thread 😊

Dave

Offline BicycleJoe

Reply #22 on: October 09, 2021, 12:46:17 AM
Aragorn thanks that's a possibility, I was watching Doc's video's yesterday.

it's all in one note

BicycleJoe T.