Paramount voltage concerns **SOLVED!!**

wullymc · 4830

Offline Grainger49

Reply #30 on: November 11, 2014, 03:16:06 PM
Dave,

When you check  continuity from the newly installed boards to the terminals or tube pins try checking from a component lead that is attached to the input/output/ground solder tab to the metal of the terminal or tube pin.  Don't check from solder to solder.  That can give you a false sense of security with the solder joints. 

I have been bit in the butt by just this.  So now I "ring out" from a component to component.

Good luck!

Offline wullymc

Reply #31 on: November 12, 2014, 04:15:26 PM
Thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread.

I am very happy to report that everything is working now!  I have about 3 hours on both amps and everything is great.  I had a problem with a FFFFFFF sound when I turned on the left one but that disappeared after 3 turn ons.  I don't know if it was just something that needed to burn in a little bit?  I don't know.

Anyway, thanks again for your patience with me!  I am so happy!

Take care.  Wishing everyone well.
Dave

Dave
Project RPM5.1 with 2M Bronze/Graham Slee Era Gold V/Quickie with PJCSS/Paramount 1.1 300B/Woden Valiant

ODAC/Crack/DT880 600ohm

Current Project:  Beepre!!!

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #32 on: November 14, 2014, 07:24:29 AM
There are some warm up noises with the Paramount, which shouldn't be of concern.  There will be a little rustling usually, and actually a funny chirp that happens when the 431 regulator begins to operate.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man