Quickie preamp

underdawg · 5949

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #30 on: February 23, 2013, 04:22:24 PM
Bipolar electrolytics are just that - no polarity, either end can be negative. They do have a reputation of sounding better than polarized electrolytics.

Paul Joppa

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #31 on: February 23, 2013, 05:21:29 PM
A 390uF/63V cap will work well, and the new layout has more room for such adventures.

A bipolar cap doesn't technically have a positive and negative side, just hook them up as you like (but be consistent if there happens to be two different lead lengths).

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline underdawg

Reply #32 on: February 24, 2013, 02:37:08 AM
Thank you paul and cauc I rememebered finally, hence then name , bi, both ways. I did find nos nobles volume controls and they are stereo but each side has 4 posts instead of 3. Any idea's?

Offline underdawg

Reply #33 on: February 24, 2013, 02:38:51 AM
You mean there is no stripe on the Mundorf?
on these no there isnt, but we figured it out.the leads are the same size also. but since these are bi polar, bi, both ways.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #34 on: February 24, 2013, 08:35:03 AM
Thank you paul and cauc I rememebered finally, hence then name , bi, both ways. I did find nos nobles volume controls and they are stereo but each side has 4 posts instead of 3. Any idea's?

I think a pot with 4 posts may have a tap for loudness, you'll probably have to use some clip leads and test it out and see how it should be hooked up.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline underdawg

Reply #35 on: February 24, 2013, 12:34:39 PM

I think a pot with 4 posts may have a tap for loudness, you'll probably have to use some clip leads and test it out and see how it should be hooked up.
ok when it comes in ill meesage you with measurements