Paramount? Maybe.... what'cha think?

rebbi · 5310

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 09:51:00 AM
The philosophy here at Bottlehead is not to try to sell our product by hurling superlatives about our stuff at our competitor's products, even more so if we haven't even heard them. There is absolutely no good reason for doing so. Obviously I think our products are a great value for the money and sound very good. I also like to think that the depth of talent of our design staff is pretty hard to match.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 10:15:14 AM
I know it's a little silly asking this question on this forum, but how do you think the Paramounts stack up against the Coincident Dynamo 34 SE?

http://www.coincidentspeaker.com/mpsip_amps.html
Agreed, it is silly comparing a 2A3/300B amp to an 845 Amp. Apples to oranges. Oh, and what Doc said.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 11:19:10 AM
It's the EL34 amp he's asking about and actually I don't think the question was silly. I simply feel it's best to talk about the merits of our products without starting a pissing contest with our competitors.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline rebbi

Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 01:53:25 PM
It's the EL34 amp he's asking about and actually I don't think the question was silly. I simply feel it's best to talk about the merits of our products without starting a pissing contest with our competitors.

Believe me, Doc, I wasn't trying to start any pissing contest! I thoroughly enjoy my Seduction phono stage and i'm really intrigued by the idea of running a SET amplifier with my speakers. I am honestly trying to gather information and educate myself, that's all. I have had a great experience, top to bottom with Bottlehead, and meant no disrespect to the company.

I've pretty much made up my mind to sell my Manley gear and go with a SET amp. Some of the direction I go and will be determined by how much I can get for my current gear on the market. I really can't afford to pour any more money into this purchase at this time. If I am able to fund the Paramount pair as well as the Bee Pre at the same time, and thus receive the 10% discount, that will help.

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 02:10:10 PM
I dunno, Dan. We drink a lot of coffee around here. I think we could do pretty well in a pissing contest...

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus