Neutrik TRS jacks

Happy Ghost · 2003

Offline Happy Ghost

on: September 19, 2023, 11:04:16 AM
Hello,

I had a question regarding the Neutrik TRS jacks which come with both the Mainline and the C2A kits. With the former, the release is very smooth but with the C2A, I have to apply quite a bit of force to release the headphone.. Are the jacks which come with the two kits diff models? Is there anyway to make the release smoother with the jack supplied with the C2A kit..

Thanks,

Atul

Online Thermioniclife

Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 11:35:47 AM
They are the same, I had the same problem with my C2A and Mainline. I dissasembled one to see if I could use a lesser tension spring but no go. I do not see the need for the locking jack. So I took a neutrik d series rca that I have in stock, removed the rca and used s step drill to enlarge the hole and ordered a Neutrik headphone jack and it works fine. No need to have King Kong on speed dial to come over and press the button.  Mouser has the parts.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 06:29:05 PM by Thermioniclife »

Lee R.

Offline Happy Ghost

Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 05:28:50 AM
That was pretty cool what you did, Lee..

I was thinking of taking the TRS jack out completely from the C2A and putting in the balanced one instead.. Let's see..

Btw you were right about the Mainline :) and I have not even installed the ODAM caps in yet :)

Atul

Offline Larpy

Reply #3 on: September 21, 2023, 07:05:05 AM
If the Neutrik jack you're discussing is the same one I've used, you can disable the locking mechanism by taking out the locking clip and the spongey foam piece that are under the spring and the push tab.  Put the spring and push tab back in and it will operate like a regular jack.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 10:45:38 AM by Larpy »

Larry

Online Thermioniclife

Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023, 11:06:27 AM
Atul,  my Mainline is my go to headphone amp. I was on the fence after listining to the C2A but it wins out. Odams sounded good right from the get go and only got better and better over time. I still use my C2A from time to time. My crack is very lonely.

Lee R.