What's your most comfortable pair of Headphones?

Mr. Electric Wizard · 2107

Offline Mr. Electric Wizard

Reply #15 on: May 10, 2020, 03:50:58 AM
Well crap, I didn't notice that option when I ordered mine.

Deke609

Reply #16 on: May 10, 2020, 05:14:39 AM
The pads were probably made by Dekoni. They seem to make replacement pads of all kinds for a lot of different headphones. They're pricey, but I used to see them come up on Massdrop years ago. I haven't looked at MD in a while, but I suspect that hasn't changed.  I like their pads.

cheers, Derek

Offline oguinn

Reply #17 on: May 10, 2020, 11:55:09 AM
Since you're posting in the Crack forum, I'm going to recommend the ZMF Auteur.  I've got a pair and they are extremely comfortable.  The clamping force is much less than that of the HD600/650, but is sufficient to keep them in place.  Additionally, there is ample room for your ears and the leather pads don't induce any sweating.  Finally, their impedance and sensitivity make them ideally suited for use with the crack.  And, they sound great with the amp!  Bottom line: supremely comfortable, high-performing headphone!

I’d heard about these but never priced them out. Hoo boy.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline ALL212

Reply #18 on: May 10, 2020, 04:10:10 PM
ZMF’s are very nice.  The HD800s is also very comfy.

Aaron Luebke

Offline Jimb0

Reply #19 on: May 11, 2020, 02:12:55 PM
HD 800's were very comfy when I had them. They felt like really soft pillows on your ears

Offline Mr. Electric Wizard

Reply #20 on: May 13, 2020, 03:39:45 AM
Having worn these new Beyerdynamic T1's for a few days, I have to say they are very, very comfortable.
They sound really good with the Crack/Speedball too!
The treble is very clear and the bass has some kick as well.  Very happy.