USB DAC Adding A Low Hiss Noise Floor [resolved]

BaeBlade97 · 631

Offline BaeBlade97

on: September 01, 2024, 05:58:50 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the Bottlehead Crack, and I'm happy to report that it's assembled and it is in good working condition. It's currently pre-Speedball, as I want to appreciate the base Crack before upgrading.

I've noticed a slight noise floor of hiss when my USB DAC is powered on which goes away when powered off and is only noticeable with no music playing. Interestingly I have had periods of use via the same DAC with no hiss too so its not always a thing but generally it does happen.

I've seen the sticky post regarding electronics noise but I wanted to ask for clarification—am I on the right track with the recommended actions?

Thanks in advance for your help!

The sticky I'm referring to: https://forum.bottlehead.com/index.php?topic=11676.0

« Last Edit: September 01, 2024, 06:12:02 AM by Paul Birkeland »

Bailey G

Crack No Speedball installed yet, iFi iDSD Signature, iFi iCAN Signature, HD 800S, HD 820, Focal Clear, HiFiman HE6se V2, ThieAudio Monarch MK3, JVC HA SZ2000, Cayin C5, iFi xDSD Gryphon, Airpods Pro 2

Online Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2024, 06:03:48 AM
Yes, I would add that modification.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline BaeBlade97

Reply #2 on: September 01, 2024, 06:08:49 AM
From the man himself!
Thank you and will have to get that done asap!

Bailey G

Crack No Speedball installed yet, iFi iDSD Signature, iFi iCAN Signature, HD 800S, HD 820, Focal Clear, HiFiman HE6se V2, ThieAudio Monarch MK3, JVC HA SZ2000, Cayin C5, iFi xDSD Gryphon, Airpods Pro 2