No sound from left channel speaker

Bertp · 1345

Offline Bertp

on: November 01, 2017, 09:39:32 AM
My S.ER.x. 3.0 amp works fine with headphones. I am using HIFIMAN HD400i. When I tried to listen through my Zu Omen speakers I only get sound out of right channel. It was working perfect right after i put the kit together both from headphones and speakers. can someone point me in the right direction to start checking for my problem. Thanks

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 10:17:28 AM
The wires between the headphone jack and the speaker posts.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Bertp

Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 03:28:26 PM
I checked all the connections and they all look good . could it be the pins on the jack. when you put the jack in the pins spread out to disconnect the speakers. when you pull it out the pins come back together. It looks like the tip doesn't come all the way together and make contact. The tip is left audio and that is the channel giving me trouble when i try to listen with my speakers. any idea how to tighten up the connection? 

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 04:08:11 PM
Squeeze with needle nose pliers, or possibly put the tip of a small screwdriver under the middle (right channel) contacts and gently pry against the outside of the left channel. Be careful though, or you could just create the same problem with the right channel.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Bertp

Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 12:58:09 AM
 All good now . That was definitely . Thank you ;D