Crack both tubes not glowing

dotashope · 593

Offline dotashope

on: November 06, 2020, 12:37:06 PM
Hi all, I'm stuck at the tube glow test. Both voltage tests passed but the tubes don't glow. I redid the solder joints, removed excessive solders, reapplied them, no luck. I checked the wirings and nothings wrong. I checked the continuity with multimeter to make sure that wires and solders are fine, all have connections. Except, that B7 and B8 is connected, 7 and 9 on the transformer is also connected. I don't know if they should be but all 4 of them are connected. Pretty much everything connected by green wires except A4,5 and A9 results a beep. Thanks! I'll get some pics in case if you guys want to have a look.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 01:02:16 PM
Yes, please post photos!

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline dotashope

Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 01:32:12 PM
Hi sorry was cooking. Theres where I'm at and some close up of the joints, a bit messy looking from redoings.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 02:00:23 PM
The wires on the octal socket are not soldered.  They are also not crimped to the socket contacts.

Crimp the wires tightly, solder the crimped parts to the socket contacts, then you should pass the glow test.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline dotashope

Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 03:44:59 PM
Aight I redid all the connections, still no glow but then I noticed the red wire on the power cord socket is detached. Maybe is from one of the flippings. But yeah now I finally got the warm glow. Thanks!