Thinking about S.E.X.

Nathan · 1647

Offline Nathan

on: July 16, 2015, 08:15:55 AM
So I'm thinking about a SEX amp. Already have a Crack which is far from stock which I enjoy tremendously.

Thinking of a 2nd amp- so the SEX comes to mind. Wondering if anyone can recommend some easy mods I should consider right out the gate.

Thanks

Crack/Speedball, SEX 2.1/C4S, Bryston BHA-1

Sennheiser HD600/Cardas cable, Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Gen, Hifimam HE560/Hifiman balanced cable

Offline Nathan

Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 11:39:00 AM
I do have a Neutrik locking headphone jack lying around which I might use from the start

Sennheiser HD600/Cardas cable, Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Gen, Hifimam HE560/Hifiman balanced cable

Offline ZacharyP

Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 11:40:41 AM
So I'm thinking about a SEX amp. Already have a Crack which is far from stock which I enjoy tremendously.

Thinking of a 2nd amp- so the SEX comes to mind. Wondering if anyone can recommend some easy mods I should consider right out the gate.

Thanks

C4S, and a good attenuator.  The other upgrades (capacitors, potential resistor brand changes, chokes in the power supply, cap bypasses) are matters of taste.

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 11:51:43 AM
The stock jack (made by Neutrik...) disconnects the speakers when headphones are plugged in. Any jack that can't do that is a downgrade.

All mods should be done after an amp is successfully completed. If you never heard the stock amp, you will never know if your mod is an improvement.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Nathan

Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 12:17:12 PM
Good points- build stock first