2 Inputs in SEX amp?

sdritchey · 1329

Offline sdritchey

on: April 13, 2017, 06:36:01 AM
I love my SEX amp and it is perfect for my needs EXCEPT I require two inputs with a selector switch.  Currently I am using a cheapie $20 A/B push button box, however I would love to bring this into the amp and integrate if possible.

Is it possible to add a second input to the SEX amp and if so how difficult is the addition?

Offline kgoss

Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 06:55:27 AM
Drill two more holes for the new RCA jacks, run the wires from the RCA jacks to a toggle switch, and the output of the switch goes to the volume pot. Be really careful of aluminum shavIngs when you drill because they can cause shorts.

Ken Goss

Offline sdritchey

Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 07:07:27 AM
Wow is it really that simple?  Just took a peek and it looks pretty tight under the plate for a second set of RCA inputs.

Offline kgoss

Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 09:19:25 AM
Yes space is at a premium.  Rather than adding inputs to the amp I would order a Bottlehead Submissive passive preamp.  That would give you input switching plus Bottlehead's premium stepped attenuator.  Just turn the volume on the SEX all the way up to take it out of the circuit and use the volume on the Submissive.

Ken Goss

Offline Adrian

Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 02:26:45 PM
Yes space is at a premium.  Rather than adding inputs to the amp I would order a Bottlehead Submissive passive preamp.  That would give you input switching plus Bottlehead's premium stepped attenuator.  Just turn the volume on the SEX all the way up to take it out of the circuit and use the volume on the Submissive.

Yes, this works very well indeed.

Here's my Submissive I modded to include not only 3 inputs but also 3 outputs:
http://bottlehead.com/smf/index.php?topic=7864.msg75569#msg75569

Adrian C.

VPI Prime w/Ortofon Quintet Black MC/Rothwell MCL Lundahl SUT/EROS/Submissive (3 output mod)/Mainline/Crack - Speedball/S.E.X. 2.1 - C4S/S.E.X. 3.0 - C4S/Paramounts - Blumenstein 2.2 Mini-Max w/DOF mod -Senn HD600/Viso HP50/Focal Elear.