Ordering Magnequest

vetmed · 8961

Offline vetmed

on: April 30, 2017, 02:37:59 AM
Seems there is no website listing available products and prices. At least I can't seem to find one, only a blog where the last entry was months ago. And a facebook page with nice photos but no info on products available and pricing :(

Robert Lees

Offline xcortes

Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 02:52:56 AM
Mike has a forum at the Audiio Asylum.

His email is acrosound at aol dot com

Xavier Cortes

Offline vetmed

Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 03:37:05 AM
With all due respect I think you missed the point of my post. Am I supposed to post on the asylum that my project is this and do you have a suitable product? If so then you are assuming people will ask. In my experience most don't and buy from someone else. I would think that a list of products available and prices would encourage sales. As things stand its easier to order Lundahl or Electraprint stuff because websites exist to facilitate purchasing.

Robert Lees

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 05:06:04 AM

Offline vetmed

Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 06:00:57 AM
Yes, I read that. Still does not answer my question ::) Don't get me wrong, I'd rather purchase Magnequest products, just seems precious little is being done to facilitate that happening :(

Robert Lees

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 06:49:24 AM
An email or phone call to Mike would probably be a more effective means of resolution than posting a grievance here. This forum is simply a courtesy to Mike for having done business with us in the past.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline xcortes

Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 06:57:26 AM
With all due respect I think you missed the point of my post. Am I supposed to post on the asylum that my project is this and do you have a suitable product? If so then you are assuming people will ask. In my experience most don't and buy from someone else. I would think that a list of products available and prices would encourage sales. As things stand its easier to order Lundahl or Electraprint stuff because websites exist to facilitate purchasing.

You're not supposed to do anything.  I was just trying to help.

Xavier Cortes

Offline vetmed

Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 08:19:23 AM
I fail to see how wanting to know what is available could be construed as a grievance. And I am sorry Xavier, I do appreciate that you were trying to help. Perhaps Mr Lefevre has more work than he can handle and is happy to rely on word of mouth sales and feels no need of a website :-\

Robert Lees

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 08:53:16 AM
I fail to see how wanting to know what is available could be construed as a grievance. And I am sorry Xavier, I do appreciate that you were trying to help. Perhaps Mr Lefevre has more work than he can handle and is happy to rely on word of mouth sales and feels no need of a website :-\

Robert, its a temporary setback until he gets the new website up. It happens all the time, especially with small businesses. I've dealt with Mike in the past and he is super nice guy! I'm sure he wants the website back up as much as you do.

Just send him an e-mail with your needs. He may even have a PDF file or something to attach that shows his products and prices. Thats the workaround for now.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 09:43:31 AM
I don't disagree with your view and may have projected my own perspective over yours, for which I apologize. Mike's business model and ours are enough different that many years ago I decided it would be most efficient to suggest customers contact him directly rather than through us. We do not have any useful response as to why he does not actively list his product line inventory. Perhaps Mike will see this and respond.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline vetmed

Reply #10 on: April 30, 2017, 10:44:28 AM
OK, when I have a better idea of what I want I will contact him. I posted here hoping I would get a response from the moderator :) Thanks to everyone that responded.

Robert Lees

Offline johnsonad

Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 11:38:44 AM
You will find like the rest of us have over the years that working with Mike takes some patience.

Aaron Johnson