Believe It Or Not

Aural Robert · 3557

Offline Aural Robert

on: June 28, 2017, 06:30:37 AM
I was an early adopter and got one of the BHDacs from the first run. About a month ago I finally got it running, using my Rotel's digital output and HOLY CRAP!!!!! I am stunned, the soundstage is so precise, the clarity is amazing, no harshness on the highs, tight solid base, truly wondrous. Redbook playback at 44.1.

I'll be pulling out a lot of other software to sample and am really looking forward to the sonic journey.

Aural Robert
... Oh it's like a disease son ...

Origin Live Calypso TT w String Theory arm & Shure V15VxMR, Eros or BH DAC -> BeePre -> MonAmor 2A3s w JJ's => Blumestein Bamboo Tritons on Blumenstein Bamboo stands, AND Enhanced SEX w Sexy spkrs and subs in the WAF zone. DIY Belden 89259 w Eichmann interconnects throughout

Offline TurbOSquiD77

Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 06:16:39 PM
I'm quite jealous of BH DAC owners - thing looks sick! Congrats on the completion, and glad you like the sound! What dac chip is used in that by the way?

-T

Offline mcandmar

• Not all engineers are civil
Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 12:27:01 AM
I am really glad i got mine while they were available, its just in a different league to my other DAC's.  As for the dac chip, its an unusual design as all the clever bit is done by an programmable XMOS processor which takes care of the clocking, re sampling and filtering, and the output stage is done via a PCM5142.  All the info is here http://bottlehead.com/bottlehead-dac/

M.McCandless