#3 and #4 on the Crack FAQ

Barneby · 989

Offline Barneby

on: September 24, 2017, 09:30:44 AM
I am having the issue listed in #3 and #4 of the Crack FAQ.  I would like to perform this modification.  The 75K part is clear to me, but I was hoping someone would verify my understanding of the 33k part before I move forward.

It reads:
Disconnect the white wire at the pot that originated at the left RCA jack.  Install a 75K resistor between this wire and where it connected on the pot. 
Repeat this step for the red wire coming from the right RCA jack.
Attach and solder one 33K resistor between each outer pair of lugs on each level of the volume pot.
Resistor wattage is unimportant, 1/10 Watt or greater will work nicely.

So I read this as I will need two 33K resistors.  I will attach and solder one of them vertically to the two lugs furthest for the 9-pin octal socket (this will be where I also add the 75k resistors to the red and white wires). The other 33K resistor will attach and solder vertically to the two lugs closest to the 9-pin octal socket instead of the bare wire that is shorting these two lugs as standard.

Thanks in advance,

Lance

Lance

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 11:02:01 AM
So I read this as I will need two 33K resistors.  I will attach and solder one of them vertically to the two lugs furthest for the 9-pin octal socket (this will be where I also add the 75k resistors to the red and white wires).
No, each 33K resistor goes from ground (where the black wires connect to the pot) to each outer lug.  I have amended the FAQ for clarification.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Barneby

Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 11:32:54 AM
Great, thanks!  I had a bad feeling about my original understanding.  Probably obvious to others....

Lance