Shipping problem?

ironbut · 2284

Offline ironbut

on: September 14, 2010, 12:09:16 PM
I recently had an issue when my good pal Xavier sent me a package that had to go through customs and they cut the lining of the storage/display case to search for contraband.
Well, after checking out this article (which was posted by a Headfi member) regarding the shipment of his tube headphone amp, I can plainly see that my problem is hardly worth mentioning.
Check out this nightmare!

http://www.kirotv.com/news/24993080/detail.html

steve koto

Offline ironbut

Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 04:11:46 PM
Here's a video of the box "opening".

http://www.kirotv.com/video/24995271/index.html

steve koto

Offline pro_crip

Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 04:38:04 AM
Wow, we're running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Rich

Richard J Feldman
Professional Gimp,connoisseur of Bourbon and Vinyl, metalhead

Crack, Extended FPIII, Eros, Paramount 300B's (in the midst of construction)

Tune down, smoke up

Offline xcortes

Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 08:18:25 AM
That's another benefit of buying kits vs built gear!

Xavier Cortes

Offline Mudhiker

Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 04:52:37 PM
Anyone else notice a distinct decline in the quality of UPS shipments in the past few months?  I receive an average of 3 packages per week to my home address, probably 75% USPS and the remainder split between UPS and FEDEX.  Seems like every time I get something UPS the box is all slammed in on one side, as though they have are using some kind of catapult to launch them into the vans.  And never an "oops we're sorry" note like you get with the postal service.

Isaac Gorton

Offline Grainger49

Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 12:34:07 AM
I think that is a local phenomenon. I think most delivery problems are localized. 

When I moved to Knoxville FedEx mis-delivered my first 3 deliveries.  I couldn't get them to say anything except it was delivered.  The first one arrived a week late and damaged, glass broken.  UPS and the USPS have always been good here.

Once or twice a month we get what is almost an empty box packed with bags of air.  They are often caved in at one end but nothing inside is damaged.  That is bad packaging.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 07:37:29 AM by Grainger49 »

Offline ironbut

Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 07:13:00 AM
I've gotten mushed up packages from every shipping company there is. There really doesn't seem to be any rhythm or reason for which ones come in damaged boxes in my neck of the woods.
Luckily, I haven't had more than a couple of items "inside" of the boxes damaged and most of that was due to iffy eBay seller packaging.
All of the companies have "misdelivered" packages to the wrong address too. Funny, there's only 4 houses on my street!
I'm sure that Doc and Eileen have seen more shipping problems then they care to remember but their packing is excellent. They keep everything away from the corners, and take special care with parts that are heavy and the ones that can be easily damaged.

steve koto