metal on/off switches?

kip.duff · 782

Offline kip.duff

on: December 04, 2017, 04:31:30 PM
I'm building a BeePre and an Eros.  Are there any alternatives for the on/off power input switch that fit in that hole?  I would like to get something more solid, metalic- like the old-school metal toggle switches. 

Dr. Feickert Blackbird II w Reed 2A tonearm and Lyra Skala cartridge.  Eros 2.  Audio Note DAC 2.1 Signature.  BeePre with BeeQuiet and Paramount 1.1 monoblocs into A7 VOTTs or Nagoaka folded horns.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 05:41:04 AM
I haven't seen any metal switches that fit.  You could measure out all the holes on the chassis plate and get a new one cut with a round power switch.

For what it's worth, the oldest piece of Bottlehead gear that I have is a Foreplay preamp from the mid 1990s, and the plastic power switch still works great.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline kip.duff

Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 04:11:49 PM
Ya- I figured you guys wouldn't use it if it were'nt a pretty decent part.  I just like the look and feel of a metal switch.

Dr. Feickert Blackbird II w Reed 2A tonearm and Lyra Skala cartridge.  Eros 2.  Audio Note DAC 2.1 Signature.  BeePre with BeeQuiet and Paramount 1.1 monoblocs into A7 VOTTs or Nagoaka folded horns.