Seduction lost the right channel...

mbergerooo · 3325

Offline mbergerooo

on: December 05, 2017, 05:09:42 PM
Hi,
This is my first post and I am looking for help. My Seduction has lost the right channel and I am hoping someone here can tell me what to look for. The tubes light up and the LEDs light up inside.  I noticed the sound fade out and come back a few times before it quit for good. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
M
p.s. - I bought this Seduction used. It came with the build instructions but no C4S upgrade instructions.

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 05:26:36 PM
The most common problem that fits these symptoms is a problematical solder joint, perhaps exacerbated by the trauma of shipping.

Towards the end of the manual there are instructions for testing the build - first some resistance measurements, then if it passes the resistance tests there are some voltage measurements. If you have a suitable meter, and have done some soldering before, you can probably resolve the issue with some help from the Forum.

Otherwise, there is a repair service available: https://bottlehead.com/?product=repair-service

Paul Joppa

Offline mbergerooo

Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 05:35:40 PM
Thanks Paul. I will borrow a meter to test the build and post the results. It may take a few days.
M

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 05:23:40 AM
The build instructions came with a list of DC voltages that a working Seduction should have.  You would be best off checking these voltages and reporting any that don't align with the manual.

It's also a good idea to swap the tubes to see if this issue happens to follow a tube.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline mbergerooo

Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 01:42:10 PM
I guess it is some bad solder joints as it has started working again.
m