Now taking pre-orders for second Jäger production run

Doc B. · 3134

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
The first Jäger kits have been delivered in excellent shape (yes, you just heard a big sigh of relief from us) and the first kit completion has been reported here, with several more kits nearing completion. We've had many inquiries into when the next run will begin pre-order.

The great news is that pre-order begins today! In order to make delivery of this second production run as efficient as possible we will take orders for a limited time period, through Sunday, December 31st. We will then send a production order to the cabinet shop on January 2nd and order all of the other components for your kit, so December 31st is a hard cutoff date for orders. If you miss it you will have to wait for the next production run. We estimate 4 to 6 weeks from Sunday, December 31st as our initial ship date. Future production runs will most likely be limited to just a few times each year, as the parts inventory for these large kits is just too big for us to keep on hand year around. To be assured of getting a kit it will be prudent to get in on this current run.

And now for a little inside skinny -

As a little insurance for the first production run we had just a few extra sets of cabinet panels made. We will ship those to the first few customers who order in this second pre-order period. This could mean a pretty good reduction in shipping time compared to the other kits going out, as last run we got the other kit parts in stock before we get the cabinet panels in. So an early order means your kit will be one of the first to ship.

SHIPPING

Regarding shipping, the kit will ship in three boxes - one for each speaker cabinet and one for all the other parts. Shipping within the US is not too expensive. You can see the shipping cost by putting a kit in your shopping cart and then proceed to checkout and fill in your shipping address info (you don't have to buy it). We managed to get the shipping boxes small enough to qualify for international shipping. Be forewarned, this kit weighs close to 150lbs. The price you will see in your shopping cart for international shipping is exactly what we will pay the carrier to ship your kit to you. Please review that price before ordering.

PICKUP

If you are local and want to pick up your kit that is great. We love visitors! Please order as usual and pay the shipping charge. We will happily reimburse it when your kit is ready to pick up. The reason for this is that, so far, local customers who planned to pick their kit up have realized it's actually cheaper to have the kit shipped than to take their car over and back on the Bainbridge Island ferry. Also, plan to have a vehicle that can handle two 57" x 17" x 8" boxes and one 20" x 20" x 16" box.

Need to hear them before you order?

We plan to be in town between Christmas and New Years. I would happy to schedule an appointment for you to stop by and hear the Jägers in our reference system at Bottleheadquarters on Bainbridge Island. Give us a call - 206-451-4275 - at your soonest convenience to schedule an audition.

Order your Jäger kit here:

https://bottlehead.com/product/jager-speaker-kit/
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:20:40 PM by Doc B. »

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline bombay317

Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 02:49:23 PM
I bought a set, and I also bought the Kaiju 300B and the Limited Edition BeePre at the same time!  I've got some work ahead of me.

Niagara 7000
Benchmark DAC3L (XBOX1 and TV)
CA Performance w/ Satisfy Turntable
Talismann V2 CA Cartridge
Tavish Designs Adagio Vacuum Tube Phono
BHSE Amp
Stax SR-009
BeePre 300B w/ BeeQuiet and Cinemag Transformers
Kaiju 300B w/ DC Filament
Jäger Speakers
Transparent and Benchmark Cables

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 03:42:36 PM
Thank you so much! And welcome to the elite BeePre/Kaiju/Jäger club. Not that many of us out there yet. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and I will be happy to discuss what you can do to your Kaiju to make it pretty close to the Limited Kaiju's look.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline denti alligator

Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 12:19:22 PM
I bought a set, and I also bought the Kaiju 300B and the Limited Edition BeePre at the same time!  I've got some work ahead of me.
I envy you, though. Can't wait to hear your impressions.

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable

Offline bombay317

Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 03:59:04 AM
Yeah, I am really looking forward to these awesome looking beasts.  My plan is to document my build and impressions!

Niagara 7000
Benchmark DAC3L (XBOX1 and TV)
CA Performance w/ Satisfy Turntable
Talismann V2 CA Cartridge
Tavish Designs Adagio Vacuum Tube Phono
BHSE Amp
Stax SR-009
BeePre 300B w/ BeeQuiet and Cinemag Transformers
Kaiju 300B w/ DC Filament
Jäger Speakers
Transparent and Benchmark Cables

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 12:10:20 PM
A little update- we have just a couple of the panel sets left that will ship first when we begin shipping next month.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 03:40:09 PM
Tomorrow is the last day to get in on the second production run. We do not have a date yet for when a third run would happen. So if you want a kit reasonably soon please get your order in tomorrow.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.