finished stereomour

howardnair · 2747

Offline howardnair

on: September 23, 2010, 03:20:19 AM
have been listening to my stereomour for a couple of days--i am impressed--i have been running a pair of cayin 860 monoblocks -with upgraded caps tubes etc--in my main system- this little stereomour is in there now-- i have no interest in putting the cayin's back in -i upgraded before i built with mundorf silver and oils and jupiter caps--mills power resisitors-caddock resisitors where applicable--2a3c shuguangs--thank you doc and paul--i have built a custom all bloodwood chassis but the file is too big and will not post -how do i shrink a file?? -compressing is still to large 3.7mb--anyway thanks again bottlehead

Offline Thoburn

Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 03:48:53 AM
Very, very nice. The picture in the gallary is beautiful. I have been considering Jupiter caps, but was concerned that the heat would do them in. What values did you use in your upgraded caps.

Dynavector DV-20X2L > VPI Scout II > Musical Surroundings NovaPhonomena
Mac Mini > USB DACiTx
Stereomour > Lowther Medallion DX4 and Rythmic Subs
Monster Power HTS3600

Offline howardnair

Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 04:58:26 AM
i used the jupiters in the .1  value-i have mundorfs in this in a 2.7 value- i have used jupiters in other projects as large as 5.6--i highly recommend them--in fact i am curious if there would be a difference using them as the coupling cap-- if i switch to 45's which i have a pair - i will probably get a pair of 4.7 uf jupiter caps ---thanks howie

Offline corndog71

Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 05:01:24 AM
The easiest way to post a picture is to upload it to a photo-hosting website such as photobucket.com.  They will automatically be compressed to a more manageable size.  Photobucket makes sharing photos really easy.

The world was made for those not cursed with self-awareness.

Rob

Offline howardnair

Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 08:21:25 AM
thanks-will do that next time--was able to use microsoft paint but the options are limited-hence the small picture

Offline Grainger49

Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 10:27:05 AM
Howard,

I'm not on my computer now but I think what I use is MS Photoediter.  It allows sizing by percentage.  I think that is what I use.