Build Update for Fun

bombay317 · 5121

Offline Deluk

Reply #15 on: March 14, 2018, 04:47:15 AM
Thanks Doc for the explanations and updates. I wasn't really trying to stir up any mud. I realised that you had made at least one set of speakers but thought that they were prototypes from a pre CNC kit. I hope the speaker is a big success and from a few comments so far it seems to do a fine job. Carriage costs being what they are will mean few will find homes outside the USA, which is a shame. Having the CNC program, available for overseas production for a royalty fee would help maybe but the speaker units themselves are heavy items too.

Derek
Happy Crack owner with Speedball to fit. HD600
Klipsch Quartets
Luxman L30 or Rotel pre + Quad II's
Linn LP12 + Ortophon MC10

Offline jtori

Reply #16 on: October 25, 2018, 12:22:16 PM
Its a bit of a mess, but I finally got the Jager Speakers put together.  I tried all of my audio inputs and everything works.  There is a little bit of a hum in the left channel so i'll have to chase that down.  I also still need to put the felt thingies on the sides of the tweeters.

Interesting to note is that I put together the BeePre, Kaiju, and Jagers all in one go, and somehow managed to not screw it up.

They look great (figuring on the Birch ply is outstanding).  Now that you've had them awhile, how do they sound?

Joe.

Offline robertod

Reply #17 on: May 15, 2019, 04:46:17 AM
Nice build.  How are you liking the Jager Speakers.

Rega P6
George Wright Sound WPL20 preamp with phono
George Wright Sound 2A3 Mono Blocks 3.5 watts
Audio Note M-1 Phono Pre-Amplifier
Jager Speakers

Offline Tom-s

Reply #18 on: May 15, 2019, 06:37:32 AM
His cat is big fan!  :P