Jaeger Speaker Placement

JDeiner · 2140

Offline JDeiner

on: July 13, 2018, 09:55:59 AM
Hello all. I was going to purchase a pair of Klipsch Cornwalls on ebay for my Stereomour in a new room that we built over over our garage, but there aren't any available corners to accommodate these speakers and I worry about bass.

Does anyone know if the Jaegers need to be in a corner also or would they do okay set up 12 feet or so apart on a wall?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 10:05:39 AM
In the BH house system, the best performance has been found to be a foot or so from the back wall, a couple feet from the side walls.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 10:12:11 AM
It will depend upon the room, but in general Jagers don't require a corner. They are well out of the corner in my room (19 x 15) as Josh describes, relatively close to the front wall (maybe a foot and a half?) and about 10 feet apart, and have good even bass. I've used them in a very large dining room at a country club and they worked well maybe 10 feet from a corner. In PB's room the lower midrange and bass sounded better with them set more into the corner. Room simulation software like that in RoomEQWizard can be very helpful in figuring out what might be good positions for the initial setup of speakers in a given room.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Deluk

Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 03:29:17 AM
Unlike the Klipschorns and similar models that can be at their best with corner placement, the Cornwalls are conventional speakers that can be placed along a long wall away from the corners. Depending on room factors the distance from the wall can be adjusted to give a bass balance that suits you. I have Quartets that have a rear mounted ABR. Currently they are about a foot from the corner and the wall behind.  I would like them out a bit more but being a smallish room it is a compromise. Stands about twice the height of the standard plinths clean up the bass well. It can be a bit soft due to the closeness of the main bass unit to the floor. That varies relative to the type of floor surface. A nice pair of Cornwalls bought at the right price should never lose you money, so you can always sell them on if you don't like them. You can also get some useful enhancements from Bob Crites for not too much money.