Tight fit around 36L

oguinn · 1194

Offline oguinn

on: August 23, 2018, 07:06:28 AM
I'm in the middle of wiring things up and am a little concerned about the tight fit around 36L, particularly the acorn nut and resistor on the front side and the lead on the back side. Before I move forward, can anyone confirm that (after I trim the leads) I'll be alright with the spacing I have? Or let me know if I need to take some sort of action to prevent issues?

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 07:48:43 AM
This is what you want to go for.  I'd be more concerned about one the positioning of that resistor relative to what is shown in the manual.

Both that transformer screw and terminal 36 are at ground potential, but they need to not touch each other for quiet operation.  If they do touch on accident, it is not going to damage your amplifier.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline oguinn

Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 08:38:10 AM
Thanks, Paul.

I repositioned the resistor a bit to match more closely what I see in the manual. Does this address your concern about the position of the resistor, or did I miss what you were calling out as a problem?

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 09:52:38 AM
Looks great!

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline oguinn

Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 10:29:07 AM
Thanks for the guidance. Much appreciated!

Jameson O'Guinn

-