Jager Listening Impressions

jtori · 2820

Offline jtori

on: October 25, 2018, 12:29:46 PM
So, having completed a Speedballed Crack and Mainline, I've been (re)bitten by the DIY bug.  I am seriously contemplating building a system comprising a pair of Kaijus, BeePre, Eros 2 and Jagers for the immersive enjoyment of the build process.  This would replace the the ARC VT200, LS5 MkIII, PH3, Magnepan 3.5R, Vandersteen 2WQ (x2) rig I've had for the last 15 years. 

I'm really interested in listening impressions from those who have built the speakers.

Best,

Joe.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 02:36:22 PM
Hello Joe,

What part of the world are you in?  You may be able to meet up with a local Bottlehead in your area to be able to hear a complete system.

-PB

(You're also welcome to visit the PNW and here them at the factory.)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 04:54:26 AM by Paul Birkeland »

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline jtori

Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 02:21:00 AM
Hello Joe,

What part of the world are you in?  You may be able to meet up with a local Bottlehead in your area to be able to hear a complete system.

-PB

(You're also welcome to visit the PNW and here them at the factory.

Hi Paul,  I'm in Southeast Michigan.  Joe.

Offline Hank Murrow

• Potter loving music and tubes....
    • Hank Murrow's World of Ceramics
Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 04:48:18 PM
I am surprised that more Jager buyers have not reported how they sounded in their systems. I have had the kit for a month or more, but Christmas season for a potter keeps me too busy to build them until after the Holidays. Perhaps that is the case for many of you out there.

Nevertheless, I am interested in how they performed in your Bottlehead systems, and how they compare with the speakers you were using before the Jagers. Hopefully, I will soon get to compare them with my Blumenstein Orcas and BUF Subs; and I will certainly report back when I have come to some conclusions.

Cheers, Hank in Eugene

Offline Bryce

Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 05:05:48 AM
I purchased in the first run of the kits because I was in the need for better sound- it has been a fun project. My system includes the BeePre (2014) with Paramount mono blocks with the Eros (v1) phono preamp for primary listening to vinyl with a VPI prime.  From my first build, I have been impressed with quality of the components as well as the clarity in the build instructions.  The same goes with the speaker build- patience and observation is key to any project.  I have had ample time to break in the Jagers over the past year on my established system.  The sound is everything that I was looking for.  When I have others sit down to listen, they remark about the clarity and impression walking away impressed.  Maybe I am biased because I built these. ;D

Everyone in this forum realizes that beauty is in the eye of the beholder silmilary to what you hear through your ears. Quality sound comes from source and methods of reproduction- it is up to the listener to observe the beauty.

I get up every morning determined both to change the world and to have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning the day difficult.

-E.B. White, writer (1899-1985)