Eros 2 Voltage Issues

heavycowboy · 829

Offline heavycowboy

on: January 14, 2019, 03:29:44 PM
Hello All,

Just finished up my Eros 2 build and some of the voltage readings are a bit off.

Here are the values:

IA 215
IB 216
OA 163
OB 214 (Should be 155-185V)
OC 97
OD 206 (Should be 95-100V)
OKA 98
OKB 208 (Should be 95-105)
OKC 0.65 (Should be 0.7-2V)
OKD 7.01 (Should be 0.7-2V)

All four sets of leds light up. However, the two in D1B and D2B are very faint. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction to get this resolved.

Thanks in advance,

Todd

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 04:08:17 PM
Double check that you have the correct resistor values in the correct places on the PC boards.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Online Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 06:00:01 PM
The nice thing is that you have one side that's working perfectly, so perhaps the inconsistency can be spotted by a side-to-side comparison.  It may also be helpful to post some photos so we can have a look and perhaps spot the issue.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline heavycowboy

Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 10:28:00 AM
Hi Doc and Paul,

Thanks for your quick responses. Well, I went ahead and verified that all the correct resistors were in place on the boards. And then I went ahead and reflowed a few joints that looked suspect, and now I'm afraid that I've made things worse.  When I powered it back on, I heard a small pop and I immediately shut it down. Not sure if it's safe to power back up or not. Starting to think I may need to send it in to you guys for repair.

Offline Dreamgiver

Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 09:00:48 AM
I was having similar readings as yours at OB, OD and OkB. By comparing voltages at several points on both sides I noticed the problem was with some of the solderings in the C position. Specifically, I reflowed C7 and C8 and their distal connections. This took care of the issue. Are you sure you are using the correct scale on your voltmeter for OkD? In my case OkD was 0. Also, check carefully for solder bridges as it sounds like that's probably what happened after you reflowed.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:16:29 AM by Dreamgiver »